The integration with ONTRAPORT will enable Contact data sync between both systems. The OS integration will allow you to:
- Pull new ONTRAPORT Contacts into OS
- Auto-update OS Contacts as their details are updated in ONTRAPORT
- Create new ONTRAPORT Contact from OS, and Add to Sequence
- See recent ONTRAPORT Activity history from Contact Profiles [in development]
Assumptions: You have Admin access to your ONTRAPORT cloud account.
Setup ONTRAPORT Integration
Use of the Ontraport Contacts API requires an API App ID and API Key. These can be generated within your ONTRAPORT account by going to Account > API Instructions and Key Manager.
1. Create an API App ID and Key
- Login to your ONTRAPORT account
- Go to Account > Administration > Ontraport API Instructions and Key Manager
- Click New API Key
- Select an owner (administrator)
- Select all options for your Key
- Save the new Key
- Open the new Key by clicking on it in the list. You should see the following fields available
- API App ID
- API Key
If you are asked to register your App, please provide the following details
- Name: MYbusinessOS
- Website: mybusinessos.com
2. Link Your ONTRAPORT Account
You must have Administrative permissions in OS to link your company ONTRAPORT account.
- In MYbusinessOS, go to the Admin Panel
- Go to MYbusinessOS Settings > Integrations
- Scroll down to the ONTRAPORT option, and click the ON button
- Copy-Paste the following information into the OS fields
- ONTRAPORT API App ID: The App ID you generated in Step 1
- ONTRAPORT API Key: The Key you generated in Step 1
- Click Save Settings
Use ONTRAPORT Integration
When a Contact is synced with ONTRAPORT, you will see the ONTRAPORT icon enabled for the contact:
1. New ONTRAPORT Contacts
New Contacts in ONTRAPORT will automatically be generated as new Contacts in OS, unless:
There exists a contact with the same primary email address in OS
- A warning icon will indicate the detection of a matching email address address or profile update in ONTRAPORT.
- Hover over the icon to trigger a new Contact sync or Profile update
Important note: ONTRAPORT will not accept Contacts with duplicate primary email addresses. If you are trying to add 2 Contacts with the same email address, the OS will warn you of the fact that the duplicate contact was NOT added to the email list.
2. Create a New ONTRAPORT Contact
- Go to the Address Book
- Select the List of Contacts to add to ONTRAPORT as Customers
- Go to Action > Add to Email Campaign List
- Select the ONTRAPORT Sequence to assign. Follow the steps in the wizard to complete the ONTRAPORT sync.